Your Ad Here

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

How I Review Places

Over my years of going out to eat with the family and friends , I've learned why some people can love a restaurant and why others will hate it. Quality of service is an obvious one and can fluctuate depending on the server you get stuck with. My mom probably taught me the main reason people will have such differing opinions on the food itself. She and others like her will go to a restaurant, look at an item, and figure out every possible change she can make to it when ordering. She'll order blackened fish and ask for no pepper or shrimp and garlic sauce without too much garlic and of course complain after that her food is bland.

Any place I go to eat I will usually order the stuff on the menu exactly as it appears because that's how the cook/chef/whatever intended it to be cooked. If you need no spices or low salt or anything else specially catered to you, stay home and cook. It'll save you money and the CO2 you'd expel from bitching.

So here's the breakdown:

Places will be rated on Cost, Taste, and Service, each scoring a possible 5 out of 5 stars. Price indicates the value you get for your food so essentially 5 stars means you get the most bang for your buck.

Example:
Price: ***
Taste: ****
Service:***

I'm not going to take some total average because that would score this place a 66% which lead you to think its crap, but 3/5 stars isn't necessarily a bad thing. After the score I'll give a rundown of the whole experience so you can get an idea of it and see if you'd like to try it. I may or may not have pics of the grub, since some of these reviews may have been from long before I started this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment